1. Personalize your home with art and accessories.
2. Repeat a color at least three times in a room.
3. Relate your art to its surroundings. Art prints placed about 6"-9" above a sofa will create a unified look.
4. Cover two thirds of the space above furniture with one or more pieces of art to achieve proper proportion.
5. Position artwork at "eye level" to look at the center of it from either a sitting or standing position.
6. Vary the height of table top accessories for balance and interest.
7. Create a formal look with symmetrical groupings of art. Create an informal look with asymmetrical groupings.
8. Place mirrors so they reflect something beautiful. Use them to add dimension, expand space or reflect light in a room.
9. Display art on easels to create interest in corners, bookcases or on table tops.
10. Custom frame artwork to coordinate with room decor. Select a frame that compliments the decorating style. Select mat colors that enhance both the art and color scheme.
Look no further. You'll find it at MyInteriorDecorator.com!
At MyInteriorDecorator.com, you'll discover an easy to use, information packed web site. Click here to learn more about accessorizing your home.
Copyright (R) Rhonda Morin, MyInteriorDecorator.com. Article may not be reprinted without permission and may not be reprinted without author byline including the active links.
How To Create Interest With Your Landscape Plan
Landscaping your yard can be as simple as you choose it to be. If you spend a little time learning the basics of landscaping, it can actually be quite simple. Here, we will explore some of those basics. If you are planning to plant trees to obtain privac
A Better Life Through Interior Decorating
The way your home looks can have an intimate impact on the overall quality of your life. This is a concept which may not seem obvious at first, and yet when you come to realize what a home really means on a psychological, a functional, and even a [...]
Window Treatments: Drapery, Draperies, Rod Pockets & Tab Tops
Draperies soften the edges of our windows, add color, style and class to any room. Learn about some basics and view some photos of pictures [...]