Decorating a home can be quite expensive! Here are ten tips to help you keep your budget in mind when decorating your home.
1. Decide ahead of time on a budget or payment plan, pace your decorating. Include money for accessories.
2. Decide on one room at a time and designate a priority within your room. That's where you should begin.
3. Have a plan, color scheme, style, & atmosphere. Have a target date for completion.
4. Your confidence level in tackling your decorating project makes a big difference. If you are the least bit unsure, contact a professional designer. He or she will save you time, energy, money, and frustration. Select a designer that you are comfortable with and trust. He/she should know your likes and dislikes. Whatever is done needs to suit you and your family.
5. Measure your room to scale. Show windows and doors. Decide on a focal point. Measure furniture, rugs, etc. before purchase. Draw your furniture to scale and cut out the drawings. Place these on your floor plan, moving them around until you get an arrangement that you like. This is very easy on your back. This procedure will also help you decide if the items are proportionately correct for your room. Think too about ceiling height and traffic flow.
6. Repeat each color in your scheme at eye level, mid level, and floor level to achieve good visual balance. Repeat any pattern and/or textures at least twice in the room.
7. Paint and wallpaper/borders go a long way in updating and freshening a room and usually cost very little.
8. View colors and patterns in your home during daylight hours before making a purchase.
9. If you do not plan to be in your home for a long time, invest in accessories (artwork, area rugs, decorator pillows) that could easily be used in another home.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A LOT OF MONEY TO HAVE GOOD TASTE
Copyright (R) Rhonda Morin, MyInteriorDecorator.com. Article may not be reprinted without permission and may not be reprinted without author byline with links.
If you are searching for any of the following topics:
Look no further. You'll find it at MyInteriorDecorator.com!
Decorating on a Budget at MyInteriorDecorator.com, you'll discover an easy to use, information packed web site. Click here to learn more about decorating on a budget.
Finding The Best Tiles In Home Building
It's a fact that the tiles are perhaps best used in making a home look beautiful as well as serve different purposes depending on where it will be placed or will be used for. Because tiles come in different designs, textures, finishes and made of all sor
How Carpet Is Made
The carpet that is made today is a mix of old world craftsmanship and a touch of 21st centry innovation [...]
Decorating Tips & Advice - Accessories
Discover the answers to your questions about decorating with decorative accessories [...]