MyInteriorDecorator.com is a place you can come and relax because all your interior decorating questions can be answered and researched easily here. Decorating your home can be very overwhelming, trust me I know, I have decorated enough of them! What are you going to put where, what colors should be used together, or how can you pull it off so it looks like something out of an interior decorating magazine?
Decorating a home IS exhausting especially if you don’t have the skills and abilities that professional interior decorators have. My name is Rhonda Morin and I started and own MyInteriorDecorator.com. After years of school and 20 years in the “biz” even I have trouble sometimes, especially with my own home.
You have to be able to see things from an objective perspective with a bit of knowledge behind you. And that is what MyInteriorDecorator.com was created for, to be your interior decorator helping you decorate your home the way you want. And no one but you needs to know you are cheating a bit.
Below you will find descriptions of the main interior decorating sections of the website. You can see some quick links at the top of all the pages on the site and on the left you can see more detailed links. As you are visiting these decorating pages and articles I hope you will find all the free interior decorating advice, resources and guidance you need to make all of your decorating projects easy and simple!
This is THE place to shop for furniture for your family room, living room, bedroom, kitchen, home office, deck & patio. You can also shop for paintings, artwork, wall decor, home decor, bedding, duvet covers, pillows, throws, lamps, chandeliers, wall sconces, area rugs, mailboxes, Christmas trees, holiday decorations, curtains and anything you can imagine related to interior decorating to make your home yours. Simple, right?
The interior decorating articles are here to educate you and help you in so many different ways for FREE. Maybe you are afraid of using a certain color, find out how to do that. How do you design a home office or a kids room, what should you look for when buying furniture, how do you decide on window treatments, what type of blinds should you use in your sunny bedroom? Check out the interior decorating articles, and if you don’t find what you are looking for, email me and we can get it answered for you and everyone.
This is a book I wrote back in 2000 to help you learn how a designer processes your home or room to create a customized interior decorating plan just for you! You must know where you are heading (in relation to your interior decorating projects), you need to know what you will need to purchase, you need to know what you are looking for, you need to know how much money you have to spend, the list goes on and on. The Decorating Bible offers a step by step interior decorating plan to help you decorate your rooms in your way so you know exactly what you need when you go shopping. There are no questions left unanswered and it can be used again and again for all of your interior decorating projects.
Where The Decorating Bible teaches you how to decorate the home of your dreams, The Decorating Assistant will get you organized so you can make the right interior decorating decisions quickly and easily. And there is a handy dandy bag that will allow you to carry all your notes, samples and receipts.
Having been in this industry for some time, I have pushed my fair share of furniture around rooms. Trust me when I tell you that decorating software helps you arrange furniture, layout a floor plan and see what your room will look like before you buy furniture, artwork, accessories, and WAY BEFORE you hurt your back moving things around. I have used so many programs over the years, including napkins and the backs of book jackets, check out my recommendations for you.
Catalogs.com is the Internet’s trusted authority on catalog shopping. For many years, shoppers have universally recognized Catalogs.com as a premier shopping service. With 36 unique categories, the comprehensive website allows consumers to preview hundreds of catalogs and provides you the opportunity to receive a specific catalog, even related to interior decorating!
- Learn All About Interior DesignYou may feel that you have to have certain skills to decorate your home. You can find a ton of help in magazines and online. In this article I hope to give you information and confidence to get started [...]
- Design Tips To Make Your Interior Space A DreamCreating the ideal home interior design can take up so much time. It is easy to get consumed with color swatches, fabric textures, new counter tops, tiles and hardwood flooring. But starting small makes things easier [...]
- Even More Furniture AdviceAre you interested in buying furniture? Are you renting or buying your first home? Maybe you're upgrading to a bigger house? Are your old pieces getting shabby and worn? No matter why you are shopping, I hope this advice on furniture will help you the next time you need to purchase some furniture [...]
- Having Issues With Interior Design?Nothing is more satisfying that successfully updating your home's interior. Learning how furniture and decor should be placed, replacing window treatments and a new coat of paint can easily make a home into the "nest" that makes you happy. In this article I want to give you some helpful tips on interior decorating that are sure to have your home looking like something out of a magazine! [...]
- Smart Ways To Get Furniture For Your HomeAre you in need of more furniture? Perhaps you are getting ready to move out of your apartment into a house. Maybe you bought a larger home? It could be that your old furniture just needs replaced. It doesn't matter why you have to buy, just that you do it!